To Renovate or to Not Renovate
To renovate or not to renovate, this is the big question. The challenge in any renovation and more so when adding an extension to an existing home, is to take the time to embrace and appreciate the home with all its beauty and imperfections to create a clear vision of what you would like to achieve.
Before initiating any renovation project, take the time to ask yourself a few questions:
- Consider how you as a family live. Do you entertain? Do you spend a lot of time outdoors? Is your family growing? Is the kitchen the heart and soul of your home?
- Consider what house design inspires you?
- What are the ‘must haves’ on your list?
- Budget and does it cover your wish list?
- Will this extension add value to your home?
- Do you have space to extend and renovate?
- Is this your forever home?
Once you have made the decision to renovate and extend your home, a cohesive team, one that can visualise and achieve your vision, is vital to the success of your renovation.